Everything we eat, drink, breathe and our hectic and stressful lifestyles are responsible to give rise to serious inflammations in body due to presence of high risk toxins in food and environment. Our poor dietary food choices, gastric troubles, allergies and sedentary lifestyle contributes a lot to this chronic condition of human body and these can be managed through anti-inflammatory herbs of Ayurveda.
What is inflammation?
Inflammation is defined as the local response of human body tissues to injury due to any external or internal body agent. It is a body defence mechanism in order to eliminate or limit the spread of injurious agent as well as to remove the consequent necrosed cells and tissues. Inflammation is associated with our daily lifestyle and daily choices. Other various agents causing inflammation may be as under-
- External agents like excessive heat, cold, radiation and mechanical trauma.
- Chemical agents like organic and inorganic poison.
- Infective agents like bacteria, viruses and their toxins.
- Immunological agents like cell mediated and antigen- antibody reactions.
All these factors in combination trigger our immune system and are responsible for onset of serious inflammation in body. Rubor (redness), tumor (tenderness), calor (heat) and dolor (pain) are the four major signs of inflammation in human body.
The chronic inflammations of body hit our immune system and result in various other disorders associated with various systems of human body. Basically asthma, arthritis, allergies, gut disorders, auto-immune troubles and osteoporosis are the major health issues caused by these inflammations.
Every one of us wants quick relief for every problem. Unfortunately allopathic drugs and surgeries are not the proper treatment for this health issue. This may provide short term relief but not able to find out and treat the root cause of the problem. Ayurveda – the ancient system of healing is richest and biggest source of herbs. Numerous anti-inflammatory herbs of Ayurveda work on the root cause of this problem and help to treat it without harming our cellular and molecular level of body cells and tissues. Here are the list of effective anti-inflammatory herbs of Ayurveda-
- Eranda (Ricinus communis) – Eranda is very effective and beneficial herb of ayurveda that helps to fight against various vata related disorders and serious chronic inflammations. It is single herb that deals with multiple health issues like gastric troubles, inflammations, oedema, constipation, rheumatoid problems, spondylitis and various urinary tract related problems. Regular use of this anti-inflammatory herb helps to reduce redness, tenderness, swelling and pain in various parts of body. This herb possesses scrapping properties and root bark of this plant is very strong emetic and purgative in nature.
- Shallaki (Boswellia serrate) – Shallaki is very potent anti-inflammatory herb of Ayurveda that helps to fight against chronic inflammations. Regular use of this herb helps to prevent swelling in various parts and joints of body. This beneficial herb is very effective for rheumatoid and osteoarthritis sufferers. Anti-inflammatory properties of this herb also help to combat with irritable bowel syndrom and various other gastric troubles. Regular use of this herb also helps to fight against asthma and bronchitis. It helps in stimulating our immune system and promotes natural healing process in our body.
- Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha is very potent herb of Ayurveda that helps to aid with inflammations and also good to manage excessive levels of anxiety and stress. This herb of Ayurveda helps to serve various health and brain related benefits. Anti-oxidant nature of this herb combats harmful toxins and wastes that give rise to serious inflammations. Regular use of this herb helps to improve our natural immunity, physical stamina and body energy to fight against infections. Use of this herb helps to reduce excessive tenderness and stiffness in various body parts.
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) – Nirgundi is again a beneficial herb of Ayurveda that is appetizer, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-microbial and analgesic in nature. Use of this herb is very effective and natural way to recover numerous health issues. Anti-inflammatory nature of this herb is potent to fight against local, regional and joint related inflammations. It helps to reduce excessive inflammation of respiratory tract and good for the sufferers of asthma and bronchitis. Undoubtedly this herb is also very useful to fight against various female reproductive system related problems.
- Kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora) – Kapoor is well known in Ayurveda for its medicinal and healing properties. It is very important remedy to diminish congestion, pain and excessive inflammations. Camphor is very beneficial for the sufferers of arthritis and rheumatoid joint disorders. It helps to treat various skin disorders and allergies. Regular use of this herb is also beneficial to fight against various bacterial and fungal infections. This herb is very beneficial for our heart and lungs. Oil prepared from this herb is very strong anti-inflammatory in nature that helps to reduce redness, swelling and excessive pain in sufferers of inflammations. Anti-spasmodic nature of camphor is very beneficial to treat sprain, pain and cramps of joints and muscles.