Hair loss is also known as baldness or alopecia. It is very serious concern for males, females and also for children. Every age group and anyone of us can experience this problem but males are more affected with this problem. Various hormonal changes, hereditary factors, scalp and hair infections and other medical conditions are responsible for this problem.
Shedding of 50-100 hairs per day is normal in every person’s life but if your hairs and hairline are too thin and you see bald patches in your scalp then this condition is called hair loss/ baldness or alopecia.
It is further divided into two sub types-
- Male hair baldness/ hair loss
- Female hair baldness/ hair loss
Various factors responsible for hair loss are –
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive physical and mental stress
- Anaemia or iron deficiency
- Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Growing age
- Dramatic weight loss
- Medical conditions like chemotherapy after cancer and PCOD’s in females
Sign and symptoms of hair loss –
Various sign and symptoms of hair loss include:
- Excessive thinning of hair
- Round and patchy bald spots on scalp
- Full body hair loss
- Dry and itchy scalp
Ayurvedic remedies for hair loss –
Tressol hair oil, Gulvalex capsule, Mefcop syrup, Epidermoil, K.R powder, Yamuna Arogya Vardhini Vati are the various beneficial ayurvedic remedies for hair loss. All these ayurvedic remedies for hair loss are prepared by the pure extracts and powders obtained from the natural herbs of Ayurveda. These ayurvedic remedies help to nourish hair follicles and hair roots and also prevent continuous hair fall. Regular use of these ayurvedic remedies for hair loss help to fight against various other hair problems that are considered as main reason for hair loss. Regular use of these herbal remedies not only helps to treat this condition but it also helps to stimulate new hair growth. These herbal remedies fight against dry scalp, hair loss, dry hair, dandruff, dull hair and flaky scalp.
All the remedies of Yamuna Pharmacy are safe for every age group and give satisfactory results. All the herbal remedies are free from the harmful actions of preservatives, chemicals, binders, fillers, colours, yeast and free from any type of adulterations. All products of our pharmacy are prepared under strict supervision of expert Ayurveda doctors and prepared by following ayurvedic principles.
Full detail of ayurvedic remedies and ingredients for hair loss –
- Tressol hair oil– Pure extracts obtained from Bhringraj, Rakkta chandan, Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalki, Lodhra, Neem, Brahmi, Shikakai, Mehndi patra and Chameli patra are used to formulate this effective ayurvedic remedy for hair loss.Calming properties of herbs used in this ayurvedic remedy for hair loss help to fight against irritation, itching and burning sensation of scalp. Anti-inflammatory properties of herbs help to relieve excessive inflammation and spasm. Herbs are rich in anti-oxidants and help to protect our scalp and hairs from serious infections and allergies. Herbs help to stimulate our natural immune system and all these herbs are potent to fight against both physical and mental stress that are responsible for causing hair loss. Regular use of this ayurvedic remedy for hair loss helps to stop continuous hair falling. It is very effective remedy that fights against dandruff, dull hairs, coarse and split end hairs and frizzy hair. It is very beneficial treatment for hair lice and hairs damaged by excessive heat treatments.
Mode of use-
take 2.5 to 5 ml Tressol hair oil on your palm and apply thoroughly on hair root every day.
- Gulvalex capsule – herb Guduchi of Ayurveda is used to prepare this effective ayurvedic remedy for hair loss. Anti-oxidant nature of herb Guduchi helps to boost our immune system. Regular use of this ayurvedic remedy fights against various free radicals and allergens that are responsible for hair loss. This is very effective anti-inflammatory herb of Ayurveda and this remedy helps to fight against serious inflammations and also helps to fight against rheumatic disorders, gout, osteo-arthritis, spondylitis and all sorts of auto-immune disorders.
1-2 capsules are recommended daily for 2 to 3 times a day till the symptoms of hair loss are relieved and followed by 1 capsule twice daily as maintenance therapy.
- Mefcop syrup – Kaalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Parpat (Fumaria parviflora), Kaasani (Cichorium intybus) and Apaamaarg (Acyranthes aspera) are the herbs used in the prepration of this ayurvedic remedy for hair fall. Regular use of this ayurvedic remedy for hair helps to stimulate blood supply in hair roots and helpful to promote new hair growth. Herbs used in this ayurvedic remedy for hair fall are good for thyroid gland and it help to cure disturbed hormones. All the herbs in this ayurvedic remedy are good for promoting overall health of liver and also fight against one major cause for hair fall i.e.- iron deficiency or anaemia. It is also beneficial remedy for hepatitis and liver cirrhosis. It is also beneficial for the sufferers of hair loss as result of chemotherapy of cancer.
2 to 3 teaspoonful with clean potable water for 50 to 90 days for better and satisfactory results.
- Epidermoil – Cassia tora,Melia azadirachta, Swertia chirata, Curcuma longa, Berberis aristata, Pterocarpus santalinus, Adhatoada vasika,Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Phyllanthus emblica and Jasminum grandiflorum are used to prepare this ayurvedic remedy for hair loss and scalp dermatoses. Regular use of this herbal remedy helps to fight against itching and serious irritation of scalp. This is very effective remedy for dryness of skin and dandruff. It is also good for intertrigo of armpits, groin region and bumps etc. Use of this herbal remedy is also good to reduce infections and itching of genital parts.Usage –Take the required quantity on palm and massage it gently over scalp and in hair roots
- K. R powder- Amla, Shikakai, Peet beej, Arishtak and Sugandha kokila are used to prepare this ayurvedic remedy for hair loss. Regular use of this ayurvedic remedy stops falling of hair and help to cure dandruff. It is very effective remedy to treat frizzy hairs, split end hairs and flaky scalp. Regular use of this herbal powder also helps to repair hairs that are damaged by excessive heat treatments.
How to use this powder-
Soak 3 to 6 teaspoonful of K.R powder in a cupful of water at night. Apply the paste on scalp and hair roots for 45 minutes before bath in the morning and wash the hairs properly with closed eyes. Wipe the hairs with dry towel and apply Tress oil gently over your hair.
- Yamuna Arogya Vardhini Vati (500mg) –Rasa, Loha bhasma, Abhrak bhasma, Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalki, Shilajatu, Shuddha guggulu, Eranda, Katuka and Nimba are the various herbs of Ayurveda used to formulate this ayurvedic remedy for hair loss. Regular of this ayurvedic remedy helps to stimulate our immune system. Herbs used in this ayurvedic remedy for hair loss help to fight with free radicals and waste material that causes hair loss and other infections of scalp. It also helps to improve the disturbance of hormones.
2 tablets twice daily for 50-90 days regularly are recommended for better and satisfactory results.