Healthy Hair has a vital role un enhancing the personality of human beings. It is the first noticeable part of beauty for both men and women.
Greying of Hair is considered as a condition of old age but in today’s world, it is dawning in the early 20s.
Problems such as premature greying of hair, hair fall etc. affect the self-esteem, self-confidence and personality of an individual. There are various factors such as: stress, living in polluted atmosphere, improper ahara (diet), nutritional deficiencies, not following the principles of Dinacharya (daily routine) etc. are the factors that contribute to the premature greying of hair.
What causes Premature Greying of Hair?
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Lack of nutrition
- Some medical conditions
- Poor hair hygiene
- Use of harsh chemicals for hair care
Concept of Premature Greying of Hair according to Ayurveda:
In Ayurveda, hair is considered as the Upadhatu (sub – tissue) of Asthi (bone tissue). There is a significant need of Prithvi (Earth Element) and Akash (Space Element) Mahabhoota.
In Ayurveda, the concept of hair is explained under the term ‘Keshya’. The word ‘Keshya’ is suggestive of ‘keshyam hitam yat tat.’ It means that which is good for hair. The goodness of hair can be understood by three perspectives. These are:
- Kesh Sanjanana – that which helps in the origin of hair.
- Kesh Vardhana – that which promotes the growth of hair.
- Kesh Ranjana – that which gives dark black colour to the hair.
In Ayurveda, premature greying of hair is known as Akala Palitya which is caused due to the imbalance of Pitta dosha.
Ayurvedic system of medicine is more than a healing system. Ayurvedic hair care concepts cover all the aspects of hair health. For hair care, Ayurvedic classical literature emphasizes the use of herbs and herbal compounds.
Herbal Formulations offered by Yamuna Pharmacy for the treatment of Premature Greying of Hair are:
- R Powder
- Tressol Hair Oil
- Tressol Capsule
- Amla Capsule
- R. Powder: K.R. Powder (Kesh Rakshak) Powder manufactured by Yamuna Pharmacy is a poly herbal hair protecting powder for local application. It contains herbs such as: Amla, Shikakai, Peet beeja, Arishtak, Sugandha kokila etc.
How to use K.R. Powder: Soak 3-6 teaspoons of K.R. Powder in a cupful of water for 6-8 hours and apply on scalp and hair roots for 45 minutes before taking bath and wash the hair by keeping the eyes closed. Towel dry the hair and scalp thoroughly and apply botanical hair oil (no mineral oil) of your choice.
For best results, apply K.R. Powder 3-4 times in a week.
- Tressol Hair Oil: Tressol Hair Oil by Yamuna Pharmacy is an Ayurvedic preparation and it is the best remedy for stopping the premature greying of hair. In addition to prevent premature greying of hair, it helps in softening and strengthening the brittle hair and also provides nourishment to the hair roots. It can be used as a routine hair oil. It comprises the natural ingredients such as: Bhringraj, Rakta Chandan, Harad, Bahera, Amla, Lodhra, Neem, Brahmi, Shikakai, Mehandi patra and Chameli Patra processed in Til oil and liquid paraffin.
How to use: Take 2.5-5 ml Tressol hair oil and apply thoroughly on roots every day with gentle massage.
- Tressol Capsule: Tressol Capsule by Yamuna Pharmacy is a wonderful blend of hair friendly herbs such as: Guduchi, Brahmi, Bhringraj Extract, Amla Extract and Calcium carbonate. Therefore, it is an Ayurvedic formulation that is highly recommended for hair problems such as premature greying of hair. These capsules help in improving blood circulation to the hair roots, provide nutrition to hair, provide lustrous shine to dry and damaged hair and delay premature greying of hair.
Dose: Take 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Amla Capsule: Amla Capsule by Yamuna Pharmacy is prepared by using the pure extract of Amla fruit (Emblica officinalis). Amla is the richest source of Vitamin C and Vitamin C increases the level of anti-oxidants in the body. Amla Capsule purifies the blood and enhances the natural hair colour by stopping the premature greying of hair. These capsules not only prevent premature greying of hair but also make them healthy and shining.
Dose: Take 1-2 capsules twice daily.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Include seasonal fruits and vegetables in the diet.
- Daily water intake should be adequate.
- Meditation and Pranayam are recommended to reduce stress.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemicals and chemical based products for hair care.
- Avoid excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol and non-vegetarian food.
- Spicy food should not be taken.
- It is advised to do an Ayurvedic procedure known as Nasya, where 3-5 drops of oil are instilled into the nostrils.
Thus, herbal products offered by Yamuna Pharmacy along with the changes in diet and lifestyle can work effectively in dealing with premature greying of hair.