Neuralgia is defined as severe, sharp, shocking and burning pain as a result of injured, irritated or damaged nerve. This damaged nerve is situated anywhere in the body and damage to this nerve is caused by variety of factors that include growing age, disorders like diabetes or multiple sclerosis. It may be also caused by infections for example shingles. It is very severe pain of nerve pathways and it may be a symptom of injury or any other particular disorder. Older people are at the major risk of this problem of nerves but it can also affect every age group.
Types of neuralgia:
- Trigeminal neuralgia– In this type of neuralgia sharp and shocking pain occurs. It is associated with trigeminal nerve that starts from brain and distributed to different parts of face. Main cause of this problem is blood vessels that press down the nerve where it meets the brain stream. In this type of neuralgia sufferer experiences recurrent and sharp pain in the face. It can be also caused due to injury to nerve and multiple sclerosis. People who are older than 50 years are more prone to this neuralgia.
- Glossopharyngeal neuralgia– Pain in the glossopharyngeal nerve that is situated in the throat is called glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Sharp and killing pain in the neck and throat region are the main symptoms of this type of neuralgia.
- Post herpetic neuralgia– This type of neuralgia is result of shingles or infections and it is found anywhere in the body. Shingles is a viral infection and main characteristics of this neuralgia are rashes or blisters. This pain can be mild to severe or killing in nature. It takes time to treat and in some cases pain occurs before the rashes and it is manifested in one half of the body.
- Causes of neuralgia– Injury or damage to the nerve is the one main cause of neuralgia and other causes that are responsible for onset of this disease may include infections, multiple sclerosis, excessive pressure on the nerves, bones, ligaments and tendons and diabetes. Other factors that are less responsible and in 10% cases of neuralgia responsible are chronic kidney disease, excessive use of medications for cancer, chemical irritability, blood disorders and any type of trauma.
- Shooting or killing localised pain
- Attacks of pain during chewing, speaking and brushing etc.
- Burning sensation
- Muscle spasm
- Herbal remedies to cure neuralgia– Azaraqi extule capsule, Dynogesic liniment, Garli-Zn-Co capsule and Painostat capsule are various herbal remedies used to cure neuralgia. Pure extracts of natural herbs of Ayurveda are used to formulate all these herbal remedies to cure neuralgia. Regular use of these remedies helps to relieve serious inflammation and stiffness of internal body. Analgesic nature of herbs helps to relieve killing pain. Herbs used in these remedies fight against toxins and help to treat the main root cause of the problem.
Regular use of all these remedies helps to promote overall health of blood vessels and nerves in body. Regular use of these remedies also helps to clear the blockages of vessels and give long term relief. All the herbal products of Yamuna Pharmacy are safe to use for every age group. Products are devoid of bad effects of chemicals and preservatives and are formulated under strict supervision of expert Ayurveda doctors.
Herbal remedies with full ingredients detail-
- Azaraqi extule capsules– Kupilu, Nirgundi ghan, Ekangveer rasa, Erandamool, Sameerpannag rasa, Shallaki, Maha vaat vidhvansan rasa, Ashwagandha and Yograj guggul are the herbal ingredients used to prepare this herbal remedy to cure neuralgia. Anti-inflammatory herbs used in this remedy help to reduce stiffness and chronic inflammation. Anti-oxidant properties help to fight the toxins and free radicals and it also helps to stimulate our immune system. Piercing nature of herbs help to clear all the blockages that are responsible to cause neuralgia. It is very effective remedy for the sufferer of neuralgia. It is also effective to treat rheumatism, arthritis, neurasthenia and sciatica.
Dosage– 1 capsule twice or thrice daily for better results.
- Dynogesic liniment– Cinnamon camphora, Carumcopticum, Mentha virdis, Ricinus communis and Wintergreen oil are the herbal ingredients used to prepare this remedy for neuralgia.. Regular application of this herbal remedy helps to reduce localised pain and give instant relief from killing and shocking pain in case of neuralgia. Anti-inflammatory properties of this remedy help to reduce serious inflammation and also it is very effective remedy for the sufferers of arthritis. Dynogesic liniment is also used to relieve cervical spondylitis and low back pain in pregnancy. It is a beneficial remedy for lumbago, sciatica, sprains, strains and leg cramps.
Mode of application– Take little quantity of Dynogesic liniment on your palm and massage it gently on local areas of pain twice or thrice daily. Avoid its contact with eyes and other delicate parts of body.
- Garli-Zn-Co capsule– Allium sativum, Phyllanthus emblica, Nardosatchys jatamansi, Aloe vera, Inula racemosa, Albizzia lebbeck, Tinospora cordifolia and Yashad are the herbal ingredients used to prepare this herbal remedy for neuralgia. Regular use of this remedy helps to eliminate harmful toxins and free radicals. It also helps to stimulate our immunity and fight against chronic infections in case of neuralgia. It is also used to treat diabetes and blood disorders that are responsible for causing neuralgia. Regular use of this remedy helps to cure neuromuscular-rheumatism and varicose veins. It also helps to promote overall health of blood vessels and nerves in body.
Dosage– 1-2 capsules thrice daily for better results.
- Painostat capsule– Kupilu, Nirgundi ghan, Ekangveer rasa, Erandamool, Sameerpannag rasa, Shallaki, Maha vaat vidhvansan rasa, Ashwagandha and Yograj guggul are the herbal ingredients used to prepare this herbal remedy for neuralgia. Analgesic and sedative nature of herbs used in this remedy help to reduce killing and shocking pain of neuralgia. Anti-inflammatory herbs help to reduce inflammation and stiffness and it is very effective remedy for sufferers of arthritis, sciatica and rheumatism. Regular use of this remedy helps to relieve musculoskeletal pains. Painostat capsule gives satisfactory and long term relief because it works on the root cause of this problem.
Dosage– one capsule thrice daily to relieve pain and for better results with hot water.