Osteoarthritis is defined as condition of progressive rheumatic disorder and this condition is mainly characterised by degeneration of articular cartilages. It is one of most common rheumatic disorders and it can affect all the joints and bones in human body. Osteoarthritis in hands can cause pain, tenderness and inflammation of joints and bones of hands. All the symptoms further lead to difficulty and immobility of hands.
Osteoarthritis in hands is very commonly prevalent and costly disease of today’s modern society. If not treated on time it will lead to more serious and life threatening complications. Cartilage in human body is composed of collagen fibre and other substances. Cartilages together make strong and flexible connective tissue in human body. The disease covers both ends of bones. Major destruction of the cartilage is responsible for causing osteoarthritis in hands and other joints and bones in human body. When this condition becomes more chronic it leads to change in shape and function of bones and joints in hands. With period of long time person is not able to do any normal functioning.
According to Ayurveda sandhivata is the ayurvedic term used for osteoarthritis. In this disease both joints (sandhi) and bones (asthi) are involved. When a person is taking dry and rough foods, vata dosha get accumulated in body. This vitiated vata dosha along with rakta dhatu (blood) is distributed to all the synovial joints of body. Due to accumulation of this vitiated vata dosha causes pain, inflammation, tenderness and stiffness of body joints and bones. It causes serious dryness and inflammation that finally leads to the degeneration of cartilages that supports body joints and bones. This condition is called sandivata or osteoarthritis.
- Severe pain
- Difficulty in moving hands
- Person is not able to grip anything
- Tenderness around wrist joint
- Difficulty in moving and bending fingers
Growing age, injuries, overuse of body joints, infections, rheumatoid arthritis, overweight and regular use of steroidal medicines are the major cause responsible for osteoarthritis in hands. Genetics also play very important role in onset of this disease.
Herbal remedies for preventing osteoarthritis in hands-
Azaraqui capsule, Dyogesic liniment, Gulvalex capsule and Painostat capsule are the herbal remedies for treating osteoarthritis in hands available at YamunaPharmacy. All these herbal remedies are made by using pure extracts obtained from natural herbs of Ayurveda. Herbs used in these herbal remedies are anti-inflammatory in nature that helps to reduce excessive inflammation and tenderness. Regular use of these herbal remedies helps to reduce pain and give long term relief. Herbs used in these herbal remedies help to treat the root cause of this disease. All these remedies help to improve the health of cartilages, bones and joints.
All the products of Yamuna Pharmacy are safe to use for every age group because all products are free from harmful action of chemicals, colours and preservatives. Products of Yamuna Pharmacy are formulated under supervision of Ayurveda doctors and made by following Ayurveda principles.
Herbal remedies for preventing osteoarthritis with full ingredient details-
- Gulvalex capsule- Gulvalex capsule of Yamuna Pharmacy is very effective herbal remedy to fight against this problem of osteoarthritis in hands. Guduchi is one effective herb of Ayurveda used to prepare this herbal remedy for osteoarthritis in hands. Regular use of this herb helps to stimulate our immune system. Anti-oxidant properties of this herb help to eliminate harmful toxins and free radicals that cause inflammation and pain in joints. It is best herb of Ayurveda that fight against high grade fevers,inflammations and chronic infections. Regular use of this remedy helps to improve our natural strength and physical stamina. It also helps to heal internal inflammations and injuries.
Dosage– 1 to 2 capsules twice or thrice daily for better results and quick healing.
- Azaraqi extule capsule- Kupilu, Nirgundi ghan, Ekangveer rasa, Erandamool,Sameerpanag rasa, Mahavat vidvansan rasa, Ashwagandha and Yograj guggulu and compounds are the herbs used to formulate this herbal remedy for osteoarthritis in hands. Anti-inflammatory nature of all these herbs helps to reduce chronic inflammation and stiffness. Sedative and analgesic nature of herbs helps to reduce killing pain of body bones and joints. Regular use of this remedy helps to improve the mobility of joints. It is very effective remedy that acts against rheumatism, arthritis, neuralgia and sciatica. Regular intake helps to promote the overall health of all body bones and joints.
Dosage– capsule thrice daily for better results.
- Dynogesic liniment- Cinamomum camphora, Mentha virdis, Eucalyptus globulus, Pinus longifolia and Wintergreen oil are the herbal ingredients used to prepare this herbal remedy for osteoarthritis in hands. Regular use of this herbal remedy over painful bones and joints of hands help to relieve excessive inflammation and improve the movements of joints. It is beneficial remedy that acts against arthritis, cervical spondylitis, sciatica, lumbago, and for stiff joints due to sports injury. It is also used to reduce muscular pain and post-delivery aches. It is also used to relieve sprains and strains. It is applied externally to treat stiffness of neck and also good for frozen shoulder.
Mode of application– Take little quantity of Dynogesic liniment on your palm and massage it gently on the painful muscles and joints of hand. Apply 2-3 times a day for better results. Avoid its contact to eye and other delicate parts of body.
- Painostat capsule- Shodhit Kupilu, Nirgundi ghan, Ekangveer rasa, Erandamool,Sameerpanag rasa, Mahavat vidvansan rasa, Ashwagandha and Yograj guggulu are the Ayurveda herbs used in the formulation of this herbal remedy for osteoarthritis in hands. Regular use of this remedy helps to reduce inflammation and severe pain in all body joints. Regular use of this herbal remedy helps to relieve musculoskeletal pain. It is very beneficial remedy for rheumatic disorders and it is used to treat arthritis, neuralgia and sciatica. Piercing nature of herbs helps to flush out all the toxins and harmful radical that causes inflammation and injury to cartilages in body. Its regular use not only helps to relieve pain but is also good to improve overall health of body joints and bones.
Dosage– 1 capsule thrice daily to reduce excessive pain and inflammation of joints and bones.
Tips to prevent osteoarthritis in hands-
- Do regular exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Try to stay active all the day.
- Try to manage your diabetes. Diabetes is one main reason that is responsible to destruction of cartilages of bones. It is very necessary to manage your diabetes.
- Manage your healthy weight.
- Try to avoid use of steroids and pain killers.
- Never supress your natural urges.
- Avoid carbonated drinks and fatty foods.