Telangiectasia may be defined as condition of vascular lesions due to dilation of minute and tiny blood vessels of body.They make small threadlike patterns or telangiectases all over the skin. Though these thread like lines are harmless but these are associated with many other disorders. Visible small blood vessels are reddish blue and purple in colour and are also called spider veins. Sometimes superficial telangiectasia may also be seen in the normal newly born on the neck and eyelids but it disappears in the first year of the life.
Most common affected areas of this problem include lips, nose, cheeks, eyes, arms, legs, neck and fingers. Generally these telangiectases cause no ill effects but sometimes these patterns become benign to malignant and may cause very serious illness. Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia is very common example of this problem that affects our skin and internal vital organs. Sometimes they may burst and cause heavy and massive bleeding.
Old people, excessive alcohol users, outdoor workers and pregnant women are at the major risk of developing telangiectases.
Main cause of this disorder is not known. Genetics and environmental factors play very major role for existence of this disease. Chronic exposures to ultraviolet rays of sun and extreme temperatures are believed to cause of telangiectasia in some cases. Other major and possible causes that contribute to this problem include :
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Regular steroid use
Generally this condition does not have any life-threatening effects. It arises gradually but excessive use of cosmetics and beauty products worsen the situation and cause various symptoms that may include-
- Pain due to excessive pressure on venules
- Severe irritation and itching
- Threadlike patterns over various parts of skin
Symptoms of hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) :
- Fresh or black blood in stool
- Frequent nose bleeding
- Breath shortness
Supplements that give relief in telangiectasia :
- Gulvalex capsule : Gulvalex capsules available at Yamuna Pharmacy give very amazing results in the treatment of telangiectasia. Tinospora cordifolia is the major ingredient and very miraculous herb of Ayurveda (natural system of healing), is used to prepare this wonderful product. Common names of tinspora cordifolia are Amrita or Guduchi. As we all know that telangiectasia is auto-immune syndrome, this herb used in this product helps to stimulate our natural immunity and helps to fight against various factors that are responsible for causing this disorder. Regular intake of Gulvalex capsules helps in quick healing without any ill effects.
Dosage : 1 to 2 capsules twice or thrice a day until the pathological signs and symptoms are under clinical control.
- Bercin tablet : Comprising Shuddha rasaunt (ext. berberis aristata), Shorak (potassium nitrate), Karpoor (cinnamomum camphora),Shiva (chebulic myrobalan) as major ingredients.
This amazing supplement of Yamuna Pharmacy stops internal vascular bleedings. Camphora used in this product fights against fungal infections and protects our skin from excessive irritation, itching and rashes and this compound is used to increase the blood flow in peripheral capillaries and arterioles. Shorak is very effective remedy that fights against benign growths in body. Shuddha rasaunt is again very powerful agent that helps to fight against various skin relatedinfectious problems. Tannins present in Chebulic myrobalan helps in the process of detoxification. It helps to fight against free radicals and wastes that cause infections and helps to boost our immune system.
Dosage : 2 tablets two times a day.
- Epidermoil : Epidermoil used externally, is very effective product for treating this disorder. Various ingredients present in this product have cooling effects that help to relieve burning sensation and irritation of epidermis. Chakramarda, Nimba chhala,Chirayata,Haldi, Daaru haldi, Raktta chandana, Vaasaa, Harar, Baheraa,Aamlaa,Chameli patra are various effective herbs of Ayurveda used in the preparation of this product. Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory nature of these herbs helps to reduce internal inflammation. These herbs help to reduce blockage of fragile circulatory blood vessels and promote vascular elasticity.
Mode of Appplication : apply Epidermoil two to three times a day on affected surface locally and massage gently till fully absorbed.
- Garli-Zn-Co capsule : Allium sativum, Phyllantus emblica, Nardostachys jatamansi, Alovera, Inula racemosa, Albizzia lebbeck, Tinospora cordifolia, Yashad are the major ingredients used to prepare this wonderful product available at Yamuna Pharmacy. Regular intake of this product make your body cells potent to fight against immune system associated problems. Purified extract of all the herbs and chemical compounds are used to prepare this formulation. It helps to maintain the normal molecular level of our body cells and tissues. It also helps to boost our natural immunity.
- Dosage - 1 to 2 capsules two to three times a day as per advice of physician.
- Azaraqi extule capsule : Kupilu shodhit, Nirgundi ghan, Ekaangveer rasa,Eranda mool, Sameerpannag rasa,Mahavaat vidhvamsan rasa, Ashwagandha and Yograj guggulu are the herbs and compounds of Ayurveda used in the preparation of this amazing supplement to treat telangiectasia. All these ingredients work to overcome the underlying symptoms of this disease. Ashwagandha is the major herb that works to treat seizures and strokes in this disorder. Other herbs help to aid with skin related problems.
Dosage:1 to 2 capsules two to three times a day with clean water till clinically the signs and symptoms are controlled